Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Plans for 3.2

So... as everyone knows the patch is coming out today. I'm not entirely sure that I was ready for it... but it is here nonetheless. Patches like this really make my life difficult. Introducing new content and easier methods to progress my characters isn't going to lessen my playtime anytime soon. I mean sure... if I had one alt that I could now gear up to be on par with my main... I could plan everything out perfectly.

The problem though is that I have 6 characters at 80... and I want to play ALL OF THEM. On top of that I still want to level my rogue, druid and warlock! This patch helps with all of them but perhaps too much...

But I digress... here are my plans for the next few weeks.

  1. Upgrade my shaman with all epic gems. I've got a bunch of titanium stored up on top of my paladins transmutes, emblems of heroism, and honor on various characters. The honor especially I think will be a big source for most of the gems since I pvp occasionally but never really seek rewards. I've been saving JC tokens but I still need a bunch more to get all the patterns I need.

    I think I'm going to offer prospect services for a fee of say 5g a stack of titanium... and use the titanium powder to shorten the time it will take to get the patterns I want.

  2. Finish gearing my hunter and warrior to start Ulduar. Assuming of course that we are still going to do Uld 25 runs, I've been working on getting my hunter caught up. Our raid group doesn't have any MM hunters, enhance shamans, or blood dks so there is a 10% attack power increase that they don't have. I'm hoping I can bring in my hunter since one of the previous hunters, switched to her paladin.

    I've also been trying to get my warrior ready to tank Uld 10 on nights where Kobeck can't show up and also because the armor pen would be huge for our hunters and rogues.

  3. Level Artorin through PvP. About 2 weeks ago I respeced my druid Artorin PvP resto and have been having so much fun! Artorin is currently level 72 but, thanks to all the lvl 70 pvp gear, he is sitting at 12.5k hps and 361 resilience. This makes him fairly hard to kill even for level 79 twinks that I run into. I don't feel like I'm gimping the team either seeing as how I usually come in the top 3 for heals and my druid makes an excellent flag runner.

    With the new patch allowing experience gains in BG's I'm really looking forward to leveling him entirely through BG experience. Likely I will switch to balance or feral as I progress in levels and my level doesn't put me at a disadvantage. Isle of Conquest here I come!

  4. Get everyone flying! I never bothered to get flying on my rogue but now, with the addition of the cold weather flying tome and reduced cost, I plan on getting her flying as soon as possible! That also goes for my warlock who is sitting at 63. All said and done I need another 4200g or so before all of my toons can fly.

  5. Make more gold... Since this is really required for all of the above... I'm really going to have to focus on churning out some gold. Historically I'm pretty good at doing so... but I find making gold in the long run to be very boring. I have a lot of tools at my disposal... since I have every profession in the game at 440 or above. Making gold though requires a lot of motivation on my part because there are so many things I'd much rather be doing.
What are your plans for the patch? (And yes this was written while waiting for the realms to come back online....)

1 comment:

Sid said...

My plans for the patch?

Farming lots of Champion's seals on my boring only lvl 80 character (Pally) to buy lots of heirlooms and start leveling some alts.

I don't know how you manage to do all the things you do with all those characters, but a tip would be very appreciated.